There's alot to update on. I'll give you the short version (which is still long).
As most of you (all of you know) I've been passing out... alot. I've passed out 10 times in four weeks. The "episodes" have gotten worse and more frequent. I passed out while driving to church on Sunday and then in school on Monday and they were both bad ones. On Monday I went to the dr and really pushed for an answer. My OB sent me to my "family doctor", which I didn't have one before this. I went to a Nurse Practitioner who strongly advocated for me. I had an appointment with a cardiologist by the next day. Today, Wed., I had an appointment with my specialist who we originally saw for the high risk down syndrome tests, now we are seeing him for the passing out. We got to see the baby (pictures to follow), and he told us that he really wanted to find out what was going on with me passing out. My appointment with the cardiologists was this afternoon and they are 100% sure I have "gestational syncope". Which means that my heart races when my blood pressure drops and my brain tells my heart to slow down way to much. There IS medication, however it is not safe during pregnancy. I was told to eat more salt and drink even MORE water.
The "cure" for this is delivery. And it WILL get worse as pregnancy progresses. I will pass out more often and the "episodes" will result in me blacking out every time. The good news, it doesn't "hurt" me or the baby. We are both "healthy", it's just how my body reacts to this particular pregnancy. not fun, but I know it will be totally worth it!
So now for the pictures! :) I love these pictures
While we were trying to see him, he was being stubborn so we were shaking and poking my belly to which he very strongly pointed at us.... completely ironic, but cute.
a baby foot (I love these)
Cute little profile
This is him sucking (get this) his PINKY finger! :)
The WHOLE time he was constantly sucking. This is a picture of his lips and nose from the front of him sucking. I figure the more practice he gets in there, the better luck we'll have at breast feeding! Keep sucking little one!
I thought this looked like he was kissing us. :)
These are the 3d pictures. They are the best. It makes me just want to hold and love on him.
24 weeks in my new dress. I got it for Todd's Bday dinner.
24 wee bare belly
That's all for now. No more appointments (hopefully) until the beginning of January.
and here's a video (if it works). You can see him sucking his finger as well as punch me! :)




6 comments:
Boy, between the two of us, we're just a mess! :) I'm glad they figured out what the problem is--now you just have to be extra careful!! You look great! Hope you and baby continue to grow and be healthy!
He's an active one! Great photos! Sorry to hear the passing out will get worse. Just watch yourself!
that passing out is scary! but i'm glad it's going well other than that. love!
Sorry about your heart issue! I am glad to see that you are still enjoying your pregnancy, despite these episodes.
You make a beautiful preggo mommy!!
So sweet, Tiff! Well, except for the passing out part....not so sweet. Glad that you and the baby are otherwise healthy. There is nothing like those ultrasounds pics to pick your spirits up!
Yay! Love the pictures and video. I can't wait to hold him too!
Post a Comment