We had our LONG ultra sound yesterday for the second Down Syndrome scan. The good news is that we are at a 1/3,000 risk for down syndrome!!! WOO HOO! Looks like we've got a very healthy baby on the way!
But let's go back a few days, to this past weekend. First, I went home to West Virginia for a few days and was walking around Lowes with mom, dad, Megan and Kole when I started feeling light headed. I thought that if I just squatted down I'd be fine, but it got worse and I ended up on the floor. It was scary and SO not fun! I finally started feeling normal again and called the after hours nurse at my dr office. She insisted that I go to the ER. But that wasn't good enough for me so I called a family member (who is a neonatal nurse) and she also strongly suggested that I go to the ER. So we went to the ER, they got me in quickly and there wasn't much waiting. While they were checking my blood pressure I almost passed out again, my BP went down to 70/40. After several tests and watching the baby for a long time they couldn't find out why my BP was dropping. We went home and I was fine the next day. I was hoping it was a one (and a 1/2) time thing. But then on the way to the airport (sitting in the car) I almost passed out again.
And now we're up to speed. While I was laying on the table getting the ultrasound I felt it again, I was going to pass out. The ultrasound tech called for the specialist to come in and he took my blood pressure. I don't remember the exact bottom number but the top was 95. He is almost sure it is some kind of heart problem so he is recommending to my doctor (who I see tomorrow) that I be put on a heart monitor for SEVEN DAYS! We'll see. I just hope they figure it out so I don't have to go through this several times over the next five months.
So now the fun stuff!! :)
Look at that "strong chin" and juicy lips!
I don't think it gets much cuter than baby feet
and here's a 3d picture
Oh yeah.... and I took a cake to work today to reveal the gender. When they cut into it, the cake would either be blue or pink.....
and get this!!!!....... yep, that's a BLUE cake!!! Our little "girl" turned into a little boy over the past couple weeks!!!! no, we don't have a name picked out yet so suggestions are welcome! :)
And here is what a 20 week belly looks like with a short high waist. :) This picture makes it look like the little boy is up in my ribs!




6 comments:
What an ADORABLE idea for the cake! And congratulations on having a boy! Boys are SOOO much fun and they love love love their mamas!
Good luck on the name picking. With both of mine we were down to the wire in the last two weeks before we finally decided! It's tough!
hooray for a healthy boy!! i hope your blood pressure calms down and it isn't a problem anymore! i love you!
get ready to run run run!!! hunter definitely keeps me on my toes. congratulations!!! it seems like every single person that i know that is preggo is having or did have a boy. i'm sure todd was about to jump around the US room...colt about did when he saw that hunter was a boy.
Well, surprise!! So now you have lots of girl clothes bought at a consignment sale! :) Guess you'll just have to pack them away for another time. Congratulations on the boy!! I'll be eager to hear what name you come up with.
I can't believe how big you are!!!! I wish I was there to see you.
And I just LOVE how you told your co-workers about the sex of the baby. That would be a really cute way to tell the parents, too.
When I get preggers, I'm going to ask you to remind me of all these things, because I'm totally stealing your ideas.
You will LOVE having a little boy! Congratulations!
Post a Comment