Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Colorado update you've all been waiting for

Ok so first of all, I drove across the country... again. It was a beautiful drive and this time was much better than last time! ha ha :)

Then I FINALLY made it to "colorful Colorado"

Then I got to see this adorable face EVERY day for about two week!! I LOVED EVERY MINUTE I got to spend with the Kell family!! Those first two weeks were pretty hard for me. I had a huge set back and I'm sure it was because I was starting a new life... without my husband, and sometimes... that is just still too sad. So I cried, quite a bit. BUT this face ALWAYS made me smile!!!

THEN mom came to visit!! (and she fell into an aspen tree, apparently) isn't she pretty?!?We had so much fun. She helped me get started with some food, a few things for the house AND emotionally stable again! ha ha

We went to Garden of the Gods and took a little hike. It was so beautiful, of course!
and to the Manitou Cliff Dwellings. They were cool to visit once, but a little pricey. It would be expensive to take a family there and not really worth it. But it was good for us. :)

and it hailed but it looked like snow!

Then I held up a rock.
Ok not really, bus it was a fun picture.

But really, THEN Todd came to visit. We spent WAY to much money on food... ok well HE spent way to much money on food ;) He's so great. For those of you that don't know him, Todd and I have known each other for the past 14 years. WOW, that's a long time. I guess we sorta lost touch through the college/ adult years and only talked when I was in WV. He has recently been interested in the Christian faith and it has been such a joy and a blessing to watch how the Lord is working in his life every day! Todd is searching and our Lord is making Himself known to him. He's pretty great (both God and Todd)! :) ANYWAY, I guess you can say that me being back in town has "inspired, or encouraged" him to reevaluate the paths he was going down in his life. When he came to visit he was offered a job at Colorado Springs Dodge and he starts on the 14th. It will be so wonderful to have him around and hopefully be able to watch him grow closer and stronger in the Lord!!! (oh and of course be there to hang out with me too! ha ha) :)

He went trout fishing in a "bath tub" for $40 and then went on an all day guided fly fishing tour on Monday (we won't post how much THAT cost!) ha ha. Oh and notice that I've converted him to Chacos!!!
ummmm, don't you just love COLORADO?!?!? so when are YOU coming to visit ME?!?!?

Then we went to the top of Pikes Peak
It was SO EXCITING!!!
So exciting that I had to pee!!!!
Todd liked it too.
And so did Bohdi. (I feel like I'm writing a children's book right now)
Todd REALLY loves the mountains.
School is going pretty great. I've met a couple friends, but they are boys. I want a good group of girlfriends to hang out with. I've tried to put myself out there, but haven't really been invited to hang out with any of the girls. I don't know what the problem is. For some reason I haven't met many people at church (then again I should probably go as much as possible to meet people). BUT it seems like EVERYONE here my age is married with kids. and believe me, that is where I WANTED to be, but I'm not. I'm single, and not a mom. So it's been hard to find other women that I have things in common with. Those that are not married and my age are partiers and probably not married b/c of that reason. Those that are more like me (not party people and christians) are married with kids b/c that is where we are all "supposed" to be at age 28.... right? Anyway, it's been difficult to make friends. I hope it will get better when Todd gets out here and maybe we can make friends together.

Ok so a while ago, I wrote that I wouldn't ever post anything negative again on here. Well, this is negative but it's not complaining. This is my life. This is how it goes and I want to share it. So here it goes. My car got broken into at my school. The back passenger window was shattered all over the place. They took my $200 leather fossil purse, $80 wallet, credit cards, debit card, SS card and $100 in cash. They did charge stuff to both my debit and charge card and thankfully both companies will cover those fraud charges, but of course the $100 in cash, purse and wallet are gone for good. It was a huge bummer. I felt violated, and unsafe.

That same day I got a message from the guy that was going to drive my stuff out here and he let me know that he can't do it. He was in a bad bicycle accident a few weeks ago and his leg got infected from that. He had to take so many days off work b/c of that he doesn't have the days to drive it out here. And it was supposed to be here tomorrow. Again, thankfully a friend from Cordova COC has a friend that is willing to drive it out for $600. The hard thing is that I"m living on a teacher's salary. The Uhaul is incredibly expensive, plus the $600 to drive it out here, it's all going to be extremely difficult to make happen. I do have a rented bed, and a free twin mattress as my couch. But I want my stuff. I want my "home".

On top of this I've had a few emotional phone calls/ texts from James. His family is starting to accept his new girlfriend and welcome her into the family and that has been hard. It all just piles up sometimes. and it still hurts. BUT I am healing, and it's a process, a long hard one.

My school is awesome. I love my principal and my kids. My schedule is kinda full and very tiring, but it makes the days go quickly. The kids are so HARD to work with, but I still just love them so much. They need the love, they need attention and I love to give it to them. :) The staff I work with is so awesome!!! They are great!

My house is still awesome, but it would be nice to have stuff in it! I love the yard, four bedrooms, fire place and quiet neighborhood. Love it.

Ok so this is the longest blog ever! Hope this makes up for the lack of blogging recently. If you'd like to see ALL the fun pictures, click here. Enjoy!

11 comments:

Kim Hodges said...

What a great update! I am SO sorry about your car and things that were stolen. Seems like that is sort of a rough area. But I'm thrilled that your principal and fellow teachers are so good! That's so important!

Carol J said...

I have been checking in for an update, so thanks for such a full report! I think about you and pray that your experience in Colorado will be a real blessing to your life! I think the picture of you and the balancing rock is one of my favorites. Sometimes we feel just like that picture looks - overwhelmed by stuff we have to deal with, but God is there providing you with strength to do what needs to be done today!

abby said...

so sorry about the break-in...that sucks. no two ways about it. and i really hope you find some good girlfriends soon. girlfriends are important! and you should not think about what your life is "supposed" to be... you're supposed to be right where you are! being single is a blessing, you can be completely selfish! :) i'd really love to visit soon... of course it all depends on money and time. i promise i will some time. glad to see a slice of your life and that you like your school and kids! love, bs

abby said...

uh, that is, ABS, not bs. :)

Stefanie said...

Wow! What a long, overdue, update! yay! The photos from CO are so pretty, and I am coming to visit, soon!
Sorry to hear about your stuff. Moving is a pain and it's an expense. I think James should help out a bit in this situation. But I hate him. Sorry about your car, too. Unfortunately, things like that do happen. Hope you've had a better week, though, and have an even better weekend!! Can't wait to see you, SOON!!!!

Mom said...

Well, there's NO doubt that you have had awesome girl-friends in the past and that you will in Colorado too. What sweet posts your amazing girls have sent your way. Consider me one of your biggest supporters. (I'm the Mom, right!) I know the great things you are doing and are destined to do. I love you!

Megan said...

Yay! I loved the pictures! Looks so beautiful. We definately want to come and visit! Sorry about the stupid thief. That is so lame. You sound like you are doing great! I am going to call you tonight.

Elizabeth said...

Sorry about the car break-in, Tiff. Not the best of welcomes to a new state, new job and new house! I love the pictures of the mountains. Colorado is so beautiful! Hope things continue to go well at school and church and that you can get connected with some good friends soon.

Deborah said...

Tiffany, you continue to amaze me with your positive attitude in the midst of trial. I am glad you got some snuggling time in with little Westin! Especially since the rest of us haven't even met him!

Deborah said...

Oh, and I forgot to tell you something. Pat and I ate dinner with a couple on Sunday night. He is starting his own "just for fun" photography business. He gave me one of his business cards, and underneath his name it said, "I'd be happy to shoot you."

Thought you'd get a kick out of that!

cassandra and zachary said...

Also sorry about the stupid thief and the even stupider James-calls. You're good stuff and good things are coming of it. Need to talk to you soon. Experiencing withdrawal from the lack of Tiff-talking. Looking forward to visiting. Love you.