Friday, June 12, 2009

Birthday, Graduation, and an Update

All of these were already posted on facebook, but I need to update my blog (or so I'm told) :)

So here are a few pictures of my Birthday and Kole's Graduation.  


Kole took a picture of me, "The Birthday Girl"
Mom made a homemade butterscotch cake and it was AWESOME. For this Bday I decided that I wanted to do 27 over again, b/c I didn't do a very good job on the 27th year of my life, so wanted a do over!! She put 27 candles on the cake. :)
Love me some Koley-time.
Kole wanted to make a "sad face"

Kole got a hold of the camera
He took a pretty good picture of mom and dad
Bohdi got to play with a turtle: this was really funny, he was shaking all over!






KOLE'S GRADUATION!!!!
Cute little family
Mom got Kole a money tree.
he was pretty surprised and impressed with the money tree



So now an update on my life.
As you know I've been searching for jobs and I finally got one in Colorado Springs, CO.  I've always thought it would be awesome to live in Colorado and when I got offered this job, I figured, "why not!?" So I took the job. I start on the 31st of July with teacher meetings and a week of setting up my classroom. Then the kids come on the 11th of August. I will be teaching K-5 General Music and Beginning band. The school is called Pikes Peak Elementary School and yes it is right in front of Pikes Peak. I'm really nervous about the band part of it, but I'll learn with them, I guess!  I have a realtor that is looking for houses for me to rent with Bohdi. I'm not sure what I can and can't afford so I'm gonna shoot low for now and move up if I decide to stay.  

Of course, there are hesitations and things to be nervous about, but I'm more excited than anything.  While I'm going to be excited there are going to be a very sad times of leaving home (again) after this hard time in my life and unpacking all of "our" things into a new home that I'll be living in alone.  I'm sure there are a still a few more tears to be had, but that is all a part of the healing process!  

The healing is happening, and while the "joy" has always been there, I'm finally becoming a "happy girl" again!

Love you all!!


4 comments:

Deborah said...

Oh bless your heart! You are really making a big move, but I know you are relying solely on the Lord's provision. Keep us updated.

Stefanie said...

The money tree is a great idea!
And I love the photo of Bohdi and the turtle.

As far as beginner band, I will give you many tips.

31 July is REALLY early. I'm shocked, actually! I mean, the kids begin 11 Aug?? That's almost unheard of anymore. I figured it would be after Labord Day. Anyway, this is good. You'll get started and then I think you'll need a break come Labor Day weekend...
:)

Aunt Donna said...

Thanks for the update on both FB and here. I just know God is going to bless your endeavors in "the Springs" as they say out there. :)

Tiffany said...

Congrats on the job! I'm so visiting you to go on a ski vacation! I'll be praying God gets you through each day with His joy.