So sometimes we just need to be reminded that even though NONE of us are perfect the Lord still loves us. He loves us inspite of our imperfections. However, I don't see why we need to hide behind that crocked smile and pretend like our lives are perfect b/c guess what.... THERE'S NO SUCH THINGS AS PERFECT PEOPLE! So there is nothing really to be envious of... right?!?
The following lyrics are from the song "Perfect People" by Natalie Grant. I LOVE IT!
Never let Him see you when your breaking
Never let Him see you when you fall
That's how we live
That's how we try
Tell the world you've got it all together
Never let him see what's underneath
We cover it up with a crocked smile
But it only lasts for a little while.
THER'S NO SUCH THING AS PERFECT PEOPLE!
There's no such thing as a PERFECT LIFE
so come as you are, broken and scared
Lift up your heart and be amazed
and be changed by a Perfect God!
6 comments:
All I can add to this is "Amen," Tiffany! You are such a wonderful, godly young woman, leaning on God now more than ever.
I think a lot of people live by the words to that song. What makes you so special is that you're open and honest.
I couldn't agree with you more. I learned this lesson the hard way when Michael and I were separated. It was the hardest thing I've ever been through, and I learned to STOP caring about other people and worrying so much about their perceptions. The Lord knows us and holds us close - that's what matters. Good for you for using your struggles and hard times to let the Lord refine you and make you better and stronger than ever. And don't doubt the Lord - He knows your heart's deepest desires and He cares about that, more than anyone else. He knows you want a family, so take heart!
Until we learn to be transparent, we can never understand peace the way that God intended it. Thank you for sharing this with us!
I love that song - Natalie Grant is one of my favorite artists. You are a wonderful example to so many folks. I know you get tired of hearing that, but it is true. No one has a "perfect" life, no one! I know your dream for your life - and you know what? I have no doubt that God will bless you. He is using you right now as an example and an encouragement to so many. I love you - and am so proud of you!!
This is a very good post, Tiffany. We grow up reading fairy tales where the goal is to live “happily ever after” and we think that is what life is supposed to bring. Even our culture says that if we work hard enough we can achieve our dreams. Sometimes, despite our best efforts, our dreams are shattered. Then what? I think I am learning that the goal is not to live happily ever after, but to live in God’s love and grace so we can live happily in the hereafter.
Post a Comment