I don't know what to say about it all. Life stinks sometimes. My family has been through ALOT and this is just another trial that will ultimately make us stronger and closer.
I'm trying really hard to move on. Which is easier said than done. BUT I'm looking for jobs and a house to rent in the Little Rock area. So let's just focus on those positive things!
About the job. It's a position with Olan Mills and I'm really excited about it. I'm also pretty nervous about it too! I would be traveling for 3-4 days at a time spending many nights in hotels. I'm not quite sure what I'll do with Bohdi, but I'm not going to let that keep me from the job! It's a position with the Church Directory division. I would travel to churches to photograph for their directories. I would also travel with two sales associates that would try to sell the pictures, which is so nice b/c I don't have to try to sell a thing! I just have to take the pictures. :) I'm also a little nervous about not knowing how to work the equipment. There are alot of different types of photography equipment and I for sure have SO MUCH to learn. But I'm very excited about the opportunity. I think it might be helpful to throw myself to a job right now and have something to completely focus on.
Now the house to live in... well that is a different story. I'm a little shaky with finances right now. Cutting my income in more than half is quite a transition to get used to! I'm not quite sure what price range I should be looking for and don't want to get stuck in a lease I can't afford or a house that's not right for me.
On another note, I'm thinking of getting a tattoo. I've always kind of wanted one but was too afraid to really commit to it. What if I don't like it in 20 years? What if I gain alot of weight and it stretches and looks horrible? What if my future husband hates tattoos? I've thought about a tattoo for YEARS and have planned it out for a LONG time. I had an interesting reaction to this news yesterday. I told Grandmomi about it, thinking she would say something like, "oh, no you don't want to do that" with a look of disgust on her face. But it was quite the opposite! She smiled and said, "I think you should!" even went on to say that "it might be a good idea". I was pleasantly surprised! I posted a blog about it on my myspace page yesterday it explains it fully. Click here for the blog. Who knows if I'll really go through with it?!?
For now, I'm just recouping at mom and dad's house. The highlight of my days are the "Price is Right" shows! ha ha.
Thanks for your prayers, love and support!
5 comments:
Okay, wow. I had no idea anything was going on. I'm really sorry. It sounds like you're doing an excellent job of staying positive and choosing not to let things get you down, and that's great. Just remember it's okay to mourn and get closure, too.
Michael and I had a REALLY REALLY hard time that has been past us for about a year now, (no exaggeration though, it was REALLY bad) and I mourned for what I thought would be lost and the changes I was preparing to make in my life. It helped me heal and move on, even though moving on meant reconciling, it was still an important step.
I know I'm rambling here. I'd love to hear more from you - maybe through e-mail. Mine is jenbell37@yahoo.com
I'll be praying for you and I wish you all the best. Congrats on the rockin' new job!!
This potential job sounds very exciting! Hope the interview goes well.
As for the tattoo - you should only get a tattoo if it's of something that's special to you. If it means something special then it won't matter to you if you get fat or old b/c the original intent wasn't to make your body look more attractive. The tattoo that I have on my lower back is not for other people to see, rather it's for me to always remember two things that are extremely important to me. I've had it for seven years now and I don't regret it at all!! So, GO FOR IT!!
i love you, hope you get the job, and can't wait to see you in a couple of months!
Oh that Grandmomi! You never know what she's going to say. Make sure it's cute - a dragonfly? Or how about the "flying WV" symbol? Ok, maybe not the last one! Love you bunches!!!!!!!!!! And so proud of you for your "can do/will do" attitude. I know you don't feel that way all the time, but you will get through this - and be even stronger.
It sounds like you have some very good plans, Tiffany! Keep moving forward! Love you!
Post a Comment