James and I went ice skating a couple of nights ago which inspired me to write a quick post on the subject. So here it goes;
I LOVE ice skating. I would not consider myself an "active" person. I do work out just about every day but I do not enjoy it at all. I don't like to sweat. I just feel better about myself because I can say "I work out"! I like to eat and sleep... alot. I only like a COUPLE sports which include volley ball, and ice skating. Does that mean I am good at those sports... NO WAY! I'm a horrible ice skater and I don't really like to "dive" for a volleyball. I don't fall when I ice skate, but it's hard... I can skate for about 10 min consecutively before I need a break because my legs are cramping from being so tense the whole time. I can't tell you WHY I like it, but I just do. We went to the rink here in Roseville for the first time on Saturday night. It was lots of fun, but there are some things I don't understand about ice skating establishments. The idea to put sharp blades on people's feet and throw them out onto a slippery surface is crazy enough for me but at this place they decide to turn off all the lights, turn up the music, and make lots of colorful strobe lights dance across that slippery surface while you are trying to skate. Oh and if that wasn't enough, lets make 99% of those people on the ice, teenagers.... teenagers who all hold hands about 7 people across and who scream at the top of their lungs when someone falls. So let's review:
1. 250 "dare-devil" teenagers
2. a slippery surface
3. blades (SHARP BLADES) on your feet
4. lights off
5. loud music
6. colorful strobe lights
sounds like a bad combination, huh?
Then how come we had SO MUCH FUN!?!?!?!?!?! I LOVE ICE SKATING!!!!!!!!!
(I however, do not love teenagers) ha ha
3 comments:
Remember that time I went ice skating with you and James? James is a crazy ice skater! We had so much fun!!
And I HATE to work out too!
That was so funny! Wish I could watch you ice skate. Why do we love so many things that if looked at piece by piece make no sense at all. Was James still good at ice skating? You said before that he was a natural...or at least he thought he was. Tee-hee!!! Love you son-in-law!
We ARE from the same family!
Post a Comment