
I am SO NOT A MORNING PERSON! I've come to realize that I would LOVE my job and actually LOOK forward to going to work if work started at 10AM instead of 7:30am. I need sleep. I do require quite a bit of sleep to function at 100%. I know that if I am going to be a "good teacher" the next day, I need at least 9hrs of sleep. That's right AT LEAST 9hrs. Don't get me wrong, I can still teach (and do a pretty good job) if I have less than that and I"ve been known to teach on only 3 or 4 hrs of sleep, but I am extremely impatient and moody!
That said, I was supposed to be at work this morning at 8:30. I ignored my alarm this morning at 8am and went back to sleep until 9. I finally got here to work at 10. I just could NOT get up and moving this moring. Being SO tired in the morning is one of the worst feelings. I try to get to bed earlier. Last night I laid down before 10 and still could NOT fall asleep until after midnight. I ended up taking cough meds to get myself to fall asleep. (I don't make that a habit) I've started drinking more water in the day thinking that would help but the only change I've seen is that I have to go to the bathroom more! :) Anyway, I would LOVE to start this school year LOOKING forward to going to work and I feel the ONLY thing stopping me this year is the DREADED morning. Any Suggestions?
PS: It's 11, I've had my caffeine and I'm STILL draging.
Oh yeah, I guess this is a pretty good sign that I'm NOT ready to have kids yet! :)
11 comments:
I'm not a morning person either, so I have no wise or encouraging words other than ... you're not alone! And that is no indication of whether or not you're ready to have kids. Whenever you do have kids, you'll just do what you have to do!
If you had had students waiting on you at school... you would have been there. You do what you have to do. Same thing for when you have your own children...you do what you have to do. I'm not saying you always love it though. :) I don't usually enjoy getting up early either, but once I'm up I'm ready to be productive. I can have a day's work in before Kevin finishes reading the paper.
Oooo, I'm a nine hour-er too! And I hav two kiddos! When I can't get to sleep, I love Simply Sleep, the little blue over the counter pill. I get to sleep and wake up without feeling like I'm in a fog. Starbucks helps too...
In the summer, it takes me an hour to read the paper. I'm blessed with an early morning productive wife. Of course, she goes to bed at 9pm!
love ya...be safe..see ya soon...
dad
Okay here is something that is going to shock you....I am a morning person. I didn't realize it till just this year and even just this summer. I have cut back on coffee, kind of, and I try to get to bed as early as I can. I set my alarm for 6 to 6:30 and I have been doing a pretty good job at gettin up right when it goes off. Here at camp, I walk to the lodge and make some coffee grab my bible and sit in the sun for an hour or so just reading and praying. I have never felt so good all day as when I am able to follow this pattern. Oh yeah and sometimes I'll even be able ot get up earlier to go fishing, but I think I am able to do that because of the motivation of catching a 5lb. bass. My last bit of advice to those of you out there that want to wake up earlier and still feel alright (specifically you tiff) is to ask God to wake you up. Recently I have been doing this and I've found myself waking up before my alarm goes off and it seems that those are the days that I feel the best. Well, thats all the advice I have, I think I am going to go take a nap. LOL.
Brother Jon.
PS Cass is defiantlly not a morning person!!!
I love that you put "defiantly" not a morning person. Was that a Freudian slip, or an intentional adverb? Did I spell Freudian right?
mornings are actually okay for me. For me I think of it as one more day I get to live..one more day that God has blessed me with!
hope you have an awesome time with James! tell him I said hi =)
oh and I updated my blog (finally!!) about Honduras =)
I am SO not a morning person either. I am definitely the type to wake up around 10 and be at work around 11 a.m. I am very fortunate though to have a job where most of my co-workers are the same way. If I am at work at 9, I am the only person there for at least an hour, but we all stay late. I love it! I was the same way when I was teaching though; I was in bed by around 8:30 p.m. so I could get my nine hours of sleep. But even still, it was hard getting up in the morning. You're probably feeling it now b/c you're going back to work after a long summer of being able to sleep in, but you've never had a problem with this before - you'll just have to get back in the swing of things!* Remember when you used to have to call me to make sure I was up and going to work? haha! What would I have done without you?
Sleep is a tough thing sometimes. I have dealt with sleep issues my whole life. It's funny that Zach made the comment about "asking God to wake you up," because that's what I started doing. Then, when my feet hit the floor the next morning, my first words were, "Thank you, God." I am also a firm believer in routines (Hmmm, I must've gotten that from my dad!). When you try to go to bed and wake up at around the same times each night/morning, it's like your body thanks you!
I'm going to pray for you about this.
p.s. My doctor let me take a Benadryl every few nights even when I was pregnant...just a suggestion. =)
Ok, first you and now Deborah have come forward...maybe the Curtis kids really aren't good sleepers after all! Jonathan is a terrible sleeper (and sooo not an a.m. person) and I am not always as um...compassionate...as I could be.
Simply Sleep is pretty good--I used to take it when I was doing red-eyes to Vegas.
I feel ya, but when you have kids u just get up and do it, and pray that they will take a nap so u can too!
Post a Comment