Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Girls Weekend to Wild Dunes

Ok, so I might not have $$ like others have, but I've found the next best thing; Friends with $$! :) God has placed some other amazingly strong Army wives in my life since James' deployment, Krista and Brooke! Krista and I met earlier in the year before the boys deployed. She introduced me to Brooke and this weekend we went to Wild Dunes (near Charleston, SC) to have a "girls weekend". Krista's In-laws own a condo on Wild Dunes and they let us have it for the weekend. It was one of the most RELAXING weekends I've had in a LONG TIME. We literally spent the entire day on Sat. laying by the pool. I'm talking from 10am-around 4 or 5PM. There was no walking for shopping, cleaning, or thinking of anything else, but the beach and our amazing husbands!
God seems to put things in our lives when we really do need them. I've been praying for some Christ-like friends for a long time and since we've moved to Spring Lake I've been searching. I didn't necessiarily find those friends until James left, which I can see now was part of God's plan. I spent time w/out friends (pretty much) b/c at the time I was learning what it was to be a wife and to have James as my BEST FRIEND. Now James is gone and God has placed these beautiful, Christ-like women in my life and I am so thankful for them! :)
Here are a few pictures of our weekend with some captions explaining them.

Laying out in the sun. Krista warned us to wear sun screen and after about 4hrs. I think I finally decided to put some on..... needless to say, it was WAY to late! I'm STILL in pain.
ME, Krista, Brooke
This was the dancing after dinner. We had so much fun together. I think we danced for 2hrs straight.

This is pretty much how we danced the entire night to keep the guys off of us! When one would show up we would quickly grab the girl way and flash them our rings. You know, I think it's more fun than being single and actually LOOKING for guys! :)
This is a pic of us in the AWFUL fog machine that kept choking us and making it so the guys could move in while we didn't see them! It never failed that after the fog cleared there was some RANDOM guy that made his way over to our little corner.

This was right before we left, in the condo. We were pretty burnt, and ready to head home. I think my eyes even look SWOLLEN in this pic! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Looks like a fun weekend. That sunburn looks bad though. I'm so glad that you have some good "girlfriends" now that you can enjoy some fun outings with. Always remember "Who's" you are my daughter. I love you.

Anonymous said...

are you still hurting?? MY face and neck are peeling off...and krista said she doesn't feel bad for us! I had so much fun with you...We will definitely have to take some more trips this summer!!

Stefanie said...

I'm SO glad you had such a great time!

I wish I could've been there with you.

Kim Hodges said...

Your last picture reminded me of a certain post-Maui picture I have where I look like some space alien with my forehead swollen so badly! Yours is not nearly so freakish, but just as painful, I'm sure! Glad you had fun and that God has provided these Christ-like friends for you at this time!

Kristi Petrak said...

Yea for girls night out!!! Glad you got to have fun. Girls time is CRUCIAL to survival in the real world. Your blog is inspiring. Glad you have your gal pals while James is away. Good for you. ^_^