Tuesday, July 17, 2012

July (so far)

July has been a busy month so far!  Now that I'm a SAHM I'm hoping that I will be able to keep up with blogging a little more.  While being a SAHM is busy, it's busy with things that I WANT to do.  And while I technically am a SAHM, I also have a couple other jobs as well.  I'm watching babies in my home and I'm also doing photography on Todd's days off.  (this requires alot of editing)

So let's start off with a picture just because it's cute!  Believe it or not, this was probably only the third time this poor, deprived child has been on a swing. ;)

This is what goes on in my house most days. :)  I have had Friday's off which has been nice!
During nap time I get to do some fun stuff. :) The next few pictures are some of the fun things I've done in the past two weeks.....
I made "crockpot freezer meals" from this website. I'm really excited about this!  I took my list, got groceries and made the meals all in one afternoon.  I made two of four different kinds of meals. 
 I wrote on the outside of the bags first. I put what the meal is and what it needs. (ex: cook on High 4hrs, serve over noodles or rice.)
 Here are my four meals: Teriyaki Chicken, Healthy BBQ chicken, hearty vegetable beef soup, goulash/ beef stew.  I made a balsamic vinegar roast and onions for dinner last night in the crock pot.  
 Here are all eight of the meals ready to go for those busy days or when I just don't want to cook! :)
 Then I took mason jars and put some embellishments on them to make ice tea mugs.  
 Then I took what was left of my old used candles, melted them and put them in new containers with new wicks to make new candles.  I think they turned out pretty cute. :) I'll have to remember these for teacher gifts one day.
Our anniversary was on July 8th. We plan on celebrating in Eagle, Colorado at THIS HOTEL the first weekend in August. (yes, River will go with us) :)  Todd got me this alexandrite stone for Christmas and we got it set for an anniversary gift.  I LOVE it! 
 
 We also got a new camper! We've had an older pop up camper since we moved out here, but we were really looking for something a little bigger but still a pop up.  Todd found the perfect camper for our family. We are very excited about it!
 It pops out on all sides!
 And is pretty big inside with two king size beds. 
It has a fridge, microwave, sink, three burner stove inside and a stove for outside, and optional outdoor room you can zip on to the canopy, a furnace and alot more! 




We are really excited to figure out a weekend we can go camping.  Every weekend in August is pretty full so we're already booked for the last weekend in September.  We plan on camping here.  

Pretty eventful July so far and we're only 1/2 way through it!  Looking forward to the rest of the summer. 


3 comments:

Mom said...

Wow, you sure can cram a lot into a couple of weeks! I'm glad you posted on FB so I knew to check out your blog. The camper looks wonderful and your links to the anniversary hotel and camping site were fun to look at. It kinda helps me feel a part of your activities. Love you and can't wait to see you again in Arkansas.

Rachel said...

Just saw this on PW today and thought of your new mason jar mugs. :) http://thepioneerwoman.com/homeandgarden/2012/07/cuppow/

Carol Jones said...

I am so impressed with your creativity and your inner drive to get things done! Reading all you have accomplished makes me feel like a slacker for working full time!

I'm going to check out the crock pot recipe web site! Thanks for sharing!