Friday, June 03, 2011

Two months old

Well River is two months old!  We had his two month appointment and here are the stats. 
Weight 12lb  7oz (gained 2 1/2lbs in a month): 69%
Height 24 in: 86%
Head 40cm: 52%
Some things to remember for month two: (this is mostly for grandparents, and for me to remember) 
- cooing and making sweet sounds
- He rolled over once but his ped. thinks that was an accident as it's "too early"
- finding fingers to suck
-follows mommy and daddy with his eyes
- recognizes mommy's voice and give HUGE smiles (I love that)
- can hold head up most of the time
- lifts head when on his belly
- has different cries that are recognizable
- he strongly dislikes bath time.  It is very traumatic for him (and me) ;)
- he really likes being around other babies at his home daycare
- he has not laughed but is sure trying. when he tried he make cute little grunts with big simles
- holds on to toys but can't quite control  it
- turns his head towards sounds, colors, and movements.
- he is no longer colic :)
- He is still in 0-3 months clothes and has finally out grown all of his newborn clothing. 
- Our nicknames for him:  The Riv, River Monster, The boy, monster.  We call him River Monster just because one of our favorite shows is "River Monsters", he is so laid back and is not a monster, but it's cute. :)

I love feeding him and really don't feel right when others give him a bottle (daycare). Feeding him is something special and only I can do.  I'm a little posessive of him when it's feeding time. I'm so thankful that I have not and will not need to supplement with formula.  The pediatrician also recommends that we wait till six months to introduce anything other than breast milk.  If we want she would be alright with us trying at 4 months, but she doesn't recommend it.  This makes me happy. :) 


Now for the two month pictures:


Just one of the many strange "River faces"

 I took this picture when I went up to check on him during his nap. He was NOT napping he was "talking" to the animals on his mobile. :) He looks pretty ornery in this picture.
We're going on our first family camping trip this weekend. We leave today as soon as Todd gets off work.  We're taking our pop up camper towards Rocky Mtn National park.  I've never been camping with a baby so this could be very interesting! I'll make sure to blog about it. :)

4 comments:

Mom said...

Yay! A new post! I had already seen these pictures, but it sure was fun to see them again, in context! I love the cute littl faces he makes. I hope your camping experience is a good one. Don't give up if the first experience is not picture perfect. It is definately a worthwhile adventure for a family. You'll appreciate this more as River gets older and it may be the only way to get him away from electronic devices. Have fun!

Megan said...

Aw he's so sweet! Can't wait to meet him soon!!!! BTW: Happy Birthday!

Stefanie said...

LOVE him. Gosh, he's so adorable.

Deborah said...

How cute is that little man!?!? SO glad you posted this for all of us "non-facebookers" in the world.