Monday, May 09, 2011

A "Mother" of a hike

On Saturday River went on his first "hike".... kind of.  The Specials Team from my work took several kids on a hike.  The hike with specials teachers was an item at the silent auction.  These kids won this prize. :)  There were two little boys who were "tired" within the first 20min of the hike, so I stayed with them, in the shade while the climbed on the rocks.  It was probably better for River and I to be in the shade as he was starting to get a little red. 

Here is our whole hiking group.
 I know, you can't really see River but here we are.  The Moby Wrap is my favorite way to take him anywhere (especially the grocery store) and he loves it too.... it just gets a little hot in there! :)
 This is our lovely specials team: Art, Music, PE-pm, Spanish and PE-am
 So today was my first Mother's day!  Todd made it very special and lots of fun.  I walked downstairs to a table full of flowers and cotton candy.  Then we went to services where River was very well behaved, out to lunch at Chilis, then we took a "feeding break" while Todd fixed my broken break light.  Then we went to Big Lots for some supplies to plant all of my beautiful plants. (I had bought some yesterday as well)  Then we planted plants and made the front yard look beautiful (I'll take a pic later), and finally we ended the evening with dinner a PF Changs (my favorite). I did have to sit in the car for an hr to feed him while he SCREAMED.... it was our fault, we made reservations during his "colic" hours.  BUT after he screamed and [kinda] ate for an hr in the car, I took him back to the table and he gave me a good 40min to eat my meal!   Then this evening he went to be around 10, it's midnight and I've gotten so much done! :)  
It was a GREAT 1st Mother's Day!   (only wish I could've spent it with my mom as well)

I took this myself before worship service. 
 Me, my little man, and all my Mother's Day goodies.


*just a quick side note.  River is in his CRIB in his own room. I very much miss having him right beside me in his bassinet.  it makes me sad, but I feel it's the first step in preparing myself to be detached from him for 8hrs of the day.  (day care and back to work for me starts Thursday. It's going to be awful, say a little prayer for me)

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Happy Mother's Day, Tiff! I know you are one amazing Mommy to little River!!!!

Stefanie said...

What a fabulous Mother's Day gift! Todd is the best. Happy Mother's Day, Tiff!!

Carol J said...

What a great Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I love to hear about River and his family! Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day. Me, too.

Deborah said...

The title of your post cracks me up! So creative.

Will be praying for your transition back into teaching...I am sure you will do great!