Here's a quick update.
First of all, sorry I have not been posting much. No excuse really, just that I haven't done it.
We are in our apt. It's nice. Granite counter tops, two balconies, and vaulted ceilings. It is still an apt. I feel like we are downgrading and like I'm back in college.... and I miss our back yard and garage. I'm REALLY enjoying the pool, work out room, and living so close to a park. Bohdi and I get to go walking for about and hr every morning at the park. It's great!
Church is awesome. I LOVE it! Here is a link to the church website if you'd like to visit it. Cordova Church of Christ I'm on the worship team and sang alto last Sunday for both first and second services. We are also putting on a musical at Christmas time. It's Acapella and sounds AWESOME! I wish you all could see it. I'm playing Joseph's sister. Both of these things are VERY time consuming. I spent nine hours at church on Sunday (and I even skipped evening services!). The worship team leader, Rusty, offered me a job as the church's vocal coach. I'm excited about the opportunity but not quite confident of my abilities yet. We'll see how it turns out.
I have a job interview tomorrow with an after school program. I'd be working from 2-6pm week days and some Saturdays. I would be helping with homework and teaching music classes. It's in my field and I think I'll like it. It seems to be everything I like teaching and nothing I don't like about it! for example: I don't have to get up early, go to long meetings or worry about test scores! All I have to worry about it teaching kids music and being a mentor. I'm not sure what the pay will be, but I'll figure that all out tomorrow. Wish me luck! :)
James is in his third week of school and is maintaining "A's" in all classes (of course)! He's so smart! He has his job interview on the 23rd where hopefully he will get hired so that we can start getting a pay check and benefits! :)
Bohdi is adjusting well to being coped up in an apt all day long. He enjoys his walks but I know he misses having a yard to play in. I know, he's just a dog... but right now he's my "baby" and I want him to be happy and not anxious! :)
I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to coming home for Megan's wedding. It's going to be so wonderful! Being around James' side of the family has made me miss my side of the family so much more.
That's about it for now. Everything is just rainbows and butterflies! Gotta love life.
8 comments:
Well it sounds like you've got great prospects. Although it sucks to be away from home! I can,t wait to see you soon!
That sounds like a dream job! I soooo miss the more "liberal" churches we grew up in, but there are some benefits to being where we're at now-for the kids at least. Praying you both get jobs you love and that pay the bills! Blessings,
I am so glad you are adjusting well. Sounds like God has some awesome plans for you guys. I am so excited for you about plugging into church so fast. I'm not a singer but praise team sounds great. Wish I had a little talent in that area, oh well.
that's great that you guys have an apartment...it sounds awesome even if it is an apartment. we live in a house and i would trade for your apartment in a second. i also will pray that you guys get jobs...that's always nice...and that things continue to look up for you...
God Bless...cole
So glad to hear about church and the opportunities there. God is using your talents! Looking forward to seeing you (even if it will be brief) at the wedding! I miss our family too! We have a pretty cool family. Love you Tiff!
YAY! Great to hear you are finally in your apartment - it sounds really nice! And I bet Bohdi loves going to the park each day. Glad church is going well - something I know that is extremely important to you.
My best to James!
Thanks for the update, Tiffany! I am so happy to hear that you are able to use your beautiful voice and your music training at church!
So good to hear about your life in California. Wow, you are just too far away. You make the most of it, though.
Post a Comment