Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Our Beach Retreat

I know, it's been a while since I've posted. Honestly, there isn't much to post about. We are just living a normal, married life. (which is still new and exciting to us!) :) We did get to go on a marriage retreat to Myrtle Beach which was all paid for by the Army! It was great. We "learned" some new communication techniques that I'm not sure I quite agree with! But the beach time was well worth the trip! :) Our sessions were last Mon-Wed. We got there on Monday around 2:30 and they didn't have anything planned for us, so we enjoyed the lazy river, hot tub, and beach at the resort. Tues we got a free breakfast (from the resort), then had our "meeting" from 8:45-11:30. At 11:30 we were told to go "practice the communication techniques" and were done for the day. Wed. we were done by 10:30. So most of the days were spent laying out, walking on the beach and going out to dinner. We got to spend some GREAT time together, had alot of fun, and spent less than $100 for a three day trip to a Myrtle Beach Resort! Not bad! We only have my BIG camera right now, so we didn't take many pictures. Here are the couple I got.

This is the couple we hung out with most of the time. Will and Krista. They're great!


It's EOG (End Of Grade testing) week here in NC. This means very stressful and tiring days at South Harnett! But it also means that we are so close to the end of the school year!

Not much else going on, but memorial day is coming up! Hopefully there will be lots of pictures from that weekend!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Sounds like a PERFECT marriage retreat to me. Spending lots of fun time together. We look forward to seeing you two over Memorial Day weekend. Love you! Whew! Our Westest is over. We can breath again.

Nicole B. Guthridge said...

I'm happy that you were able to go and have some time on the beach, Colt and I get to go near the end of June! Good luck with your testing.

*K* said...

J and I were talking about how great it is to see the two of you together again. At last!

Sarah Mae said...

Live it up! I haven't been to the beach in...wow, years. I have two little ones now and, even though they are most wonderful gifts in the world, life changes. In fact, don't just go to the beach, stay up all night, every night, and then sleep in everyday!!!

Anonymous said...

A beach vacation is the best! I'm glad you had such a fantastic weekend!

Kristi Petrak said...

Yea, beach! What a blast. I'm so glad you and James are having so much fun together. You so deserve this--you've both waited for so long and put all your faith in God that He would bring James home, and He did!!! I'm so happy for you!! Glad you had fun! Love you ^_^

Anonymous said...

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks