Saturday, November 10, 2007

No News

There isn't much news, but I thought I should update because it's been a while. I'm really excited about having Monday off! Then the week after is Thanksgiving week! I guess i'm really wishing this year away. I can't even wait till Christmas is over. This is the first year I won't be sad when Christmas is over because that means it's closer to James coming back home. I just can't WAIT till he gets home. We are in our 10th month right now. I know some of you may be thinking, "Its going by so quickly".... but for me it isn't. I can't help but hope that these last five months WILL go by quickly! After Christmas is over it's almost time for spring and James will be HOME!!! :) Oh and thanks to all of you that sent James a b-day card or package. I know this is probably the hardest part of the deployment for him (and me). I get to be with family for the holidays and while that it's still sad b/c he's not here I'm thankful that I'll be in America in a WARM home with my family. So thank you for thinking of him!

As I've mentioned in past posts I have had a problem with my blood pressure getting too high. A couple weeks ago a teacher had to be taken to the hospital b/c her blood pressure was over 200. It made me realize THAT could be in the next 10yrs. So I decided to change my diet. I've done a great job at sticking to the diet, BUT it makes me feel horrible. I'm tired all the time. I think I was pretty much LIVING off of caffeine and now that I am not my body is really feeling what it's like to be tired. I don't know. I started to get a cold on Thurs. so I took a couple days off of the "diet" and the cold went away. I guess I'm not getting what I need, but I'm not sure what it is. This diet is NOT for me to loose weight, it is to help lower my blood pressure and just be healthier. The good new is my B/P has gone down quite a bit. But I'm going to have to figure something out to keep from getting so tired. Until then I'm going to assume my body is just not used to my new diet and continue the diet until I feel better. hummm.... lets see if that works!

That's about it. Like I said not much is going on. I'll try to write a more interesting post next time!

5 comments:

Nicole B. Guthridge said...

i think it's great that you are trying to be healthier, i know it's really hard to eat right, believe me after eating whatever u want while your pregnant and then trying to lose after you have the baby is so hard, but it will definitely be worth it in the end. also, maybe you should try some vitamins. there are tons of different kinds i think there's even an energy kind, also try prenatal vitamins even if your not preggers they have a ton of beneficial things in them. so good luck!

Nicole B. Guthridge said...

and u know what, i really appreciate it cause i feel like sometimes you're the only one. it means a lot to me, can't wait to c u next week hopefully

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better, Tiff. And we will keep praying for yours and James's sake, that the time goes by VERY quickly. I know he is as eager to be home as you are to have him home. BTW, have you been back to the doctor about your BP????

Anonymous said...

Good girl for sticking with your diet. That really is the best way to go with blood pressure I think. If you can eat healthy while you are young and get it under control that is definately the best. When your two favorite foods are Diet Dr. Pepper and salt what are the chances? Ha! Can't wait to see you next week. We sure missed you this weekend. You were mentioned several times. Hope the months go by quickly too dear. You are my hero! Love you sooo much!

Deborah said...

Yeah for you!! I know that sticking to a new diet is hard (from recent experience), but believe me, the end benefits FAR outweigh the challenges in the beginning. And it gets easier and easier the longer you persevere. Keep up the good work, girl! You'll be SO GLAD you did. I'm going to add this to my "praying for Tiffany" list.