Monday, April 02, 2012

1st Birthday


 My little monster is ONE!  How did this happen?!?   
He weighs 19.1 lbs (14%)
His height 29 in 
Head 78%

He is rolling around everywhere, and while he can't really crawl yet, he is FINALLY able to scoot himself forward. He says "da-da", "da-dy", "uh-oh", waves bye-bye and does alot of babbling with voice inflection.  He is still going to physical therapy to help strengthen the lower half of his body and we have seen improvement. Before therapy he wasn't even rolling! 

Here are a few pictures from the Monster Birthday Bash.  My friend Stefanie was here to help with everything.  I was so glad to have her here, even though she did see a couple of my melt-downs when things didn't go perfectly! :)

These were the marshmallow monsters, dipped in colored white chocolate
 We put green punch in the punch bowl with eyes, and the cups had eyes on them as well.  Put eyes on anything and it becomes a monster! It's great!
 I found these dry erase wall decals on clearance at Target
 Then there was the cake.  I was so nervous about this cake.  It's a double layered vanilla/vanilla cake which I dyed the inside green and the "fur" orange.  The cake balls are strawberry icing and vanilla cake, dipped in colored white chocolate.  I also made the mouth out of a chocolate mold as well (you'll see more later).  The small cake was his smash cake. 
 he LOVED opening his presents and these sunglasses were a hit.  I got the Birthday shirt from an etsy shop. 
 Opening more presents.  
 He got lots of great toys and even some clothes!  Grandaddy gave him an antique toy that River's great-great grandaddy made for his great-grandaddy (Jim Haugh).  It was made around the year 1930 (if not earlier).  I'm sure it will passed down for many more generations. 
 you may need to click on this to see the entire table
 He was very excited to get a cake all to himself. 
 A close up of the inside of the green cake. 
 I also had a monster adoption for when the kids came in the door, these were the monsters left at the end of the party. They even had to fill out an adoption certification.  In the back you can also see a gift/ favor bag for the guests. 
 These were the baby monsters left. 
 tissue box converted into a display for the forks. 
 These are the white chocolate pops I was talking about earlier.  It was fun and tedious work making them. 


All in all it was a great party and about 15 people showed up. .... even if everything didn't go "perfectly", it was still perfect for us!  Time to start planning the next party.

5 comments:

Kristi Petrak said...

How fun!! Wow, I love all the monster stuff!!!

Aunt Becky said...

Amazing, Tiff!! What wonderful ideas - where did you get the idea for the tissue box fork holder? So clever!! And the Adoption Monsters? So cute!! You need to put the stuff on Pinterest. What a fun time - great job, Mommy!!

Stefanie said...

The party was so wonderful! You did such a great job. And I'm so glad I was able to be there to celebrate with all of you!

Deborah said...

Ummm, can you please come and do Andrew's 1st birthday party???? It's only 8 months away, so you'd have plenty of time to plan!:)

Seriously, that party stuff is ADORABLE. And that cake? Oh my word, so cute!

I LOVE the pic of River with his smash cake.

angie s said...

Such wonderful ideas!!! You have got to get this on Pinterest You really make me want to do crafts!! Great party for a great little "monster".